Sunday, April 18, 2010

(Physical Development) Height and Weight


During early childhood, children begin to notice height and weight more so than in their earlier years. They start loosing the chubby baby look and become taller, leaner, and more muscular. "Girls tend to have more fatty tissue than boys, and boys have more muscle tissue" (Children 251). Some children lack the required hormone to gain height and weight, and this is termed as a 'growth hormone deficiency'. Coming from a family of a 6' father, a 5'11 mother, tallness was in my genes, and it was no surprise that starting in preschool I grew taller than everyone else in my classes, and remained so up until about junior high. My ultimate height was only 5'9, and even at that, I am the 'short' one in my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment