Monday, April 12, 2010

Television


Television has several effects on children if left unsupervised or unmonitored. If children watch too much television for too long, they can be influenced by violence or reduce the amount of time spent elsewhere. In the text, it states "in addition to television violence, there is increased concern about children who play violent video games" (Children 345). As a child, I spent a great deal of time on the television and playing video games. While doing this, my grades in school dropped and other activities decreased as well. When I hung out with my friends, we played with toy guns or played other games. My mother noticed this and made sure I decreased my viewing of television and video games. My grades improved and I did other, more beneficial activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment