Thursday, April 15, 2010

Emotional Development


I grew up as an only child. I was raised by my grandparents. I always had the attention I needed and I feel more like I was sheltered by them, because I could never do anything on my own. If I had been raised by my mom I think I would have been more ready for the world than I am today. I was diagnosis with attention deviance hyper activity disorder when I was in the second grade, and I really don't remember much about my childhood emotional development. The emotional development in early childhood includes self-conscious emotions where children are able to recognize both themselves and that they are distinctly different from others. Young children also are better able to express what they are feeling, and manage their emotion, to some extent.

No comments:

Post a Comment